in Dogs Just
Became Easier with
What is Anxiety in Dogs?
Dogs, like humans, experience anxiety. This anxiety can be experienced occasionally, or in reaction to some sort of stimulus. Although occasional anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion, anxiety that tends to stretch over time – or at levels which are disproportionate to the stimulus – can lead to long-term behavioral issues.
In today’s COVID-related environment, many dogs have grown accustomed to having their owners around “24/7” and a change in that routine
– along with the owner’s absence – can trigger anxious behavior in dogs. Common undesirable behaviors that manifest include defecating in the home, destroying furniture and shoes, restlessness, panting and excessive barking.
Pet owners have been working from home for quite some time and are now either contemplating or have already transitioned back to their previous schedule, the potential for separation anxiety is especially acute.
Treat your dog’s anxiety with a palatable tablet.
Mizner Bioscience’s Clomipramine Hydrochloride tablets are indicated for the treatment of generalized and separation-related anxiety in dogs greater than 6 months of age.
Scored so tablet can be easily divided
Widest range of strengths to make dosing easier
Natural beef flavor designed to increase acceptance1
Mizner Bioscience’s Clomipramine Hydrochloride is a chewable, natural beef-flavored tablet that may make it easier to treat your pet’s anxiety. It is specifically formulated to be highly palatable to dogs, and its scored tablet to make dividing the tablet easier. It is also available in the widest range of strengths on the market – 5mg, 20mg, an exclusive 40mg, and 80mg.
Why Mizner Bioscience’s Clomipramine Hydrochloride?
enhancing the action of two key neurotransmitters in the brain – serotonin and norepinephrine– which in turn improve anxiety-related symptoms.
As with any drug in this class, close monitoring during the initial acclimation period is crucial so it is important to follow your veterinarian’s recommendations. It takes a while – typically a couple of weeks to get optimal results so it is key that your pet takes an accurate dose on his/her prescribed schedule—with no missed doses. The palatable formulation of Mizner Bioscience’s Clomipramine Hydrochloride tablets means most dogs will willingly accept the medication, which may help you get better compliance from your pet without having to resort to “hiding” the tablet in other food or forcing a pill down your pet’s throat. The deeply scored tablets separate easily and cleanly, which can help with dosing accuracy as well.
They’re Depending on You.
It is estimated approximately 14% of dogs suffer from separation anxiety and it’s a condition that affects approximately 20% to 40% of dogs being treated by veterinary behaviorists. Separation anxiety is one of the more significant reasons pet owner’s get irritated or angry with a pet and decide to rehome him/her.
As you navigate what can be a frustrating time for you and your pet, there is good news. Your dog’s condition can be successfully managed with medication, behavior modification, patience and in partnership with your veterinarian.
Dosing Tips for Mizner Bioscience’s Clomipramine Hydrochloride
- Pick dosing time(s) during the day that you can be confident will be available every day. This may be first thing in the morning, and/or later in the evening, before bedtime. The key is to make sure you’re giving your dog Mizner Bioscience’s Clomipramine Hydrochloride at the same time(s) every day.
- It is likely that your veterinarian has recommended a “titration” schedule, starting with lower dosed and gradually building up the dosage over a couple of weeks. This helps your dog acclimate to the medication and may reduce certain side effects early on in the regimen. It is important to make sure your dog gets the right dose every single day, at the same time. Regular dosing is important—as are regular intervals between doses.
- To break a Mizner Bioscience’s Clomipramine Hydrochloride tablet in half, simply place it on a table with the scored side facing up and push down on each side with your thumbs. The tablet will break cleanly.
- Since Mizner Bioscience’s Clomipramine Hydrochloride tablets are formulated and flavored to be highly palatable to dogs, your pet should accept it willingly. You can make administration even easier by turning “treatment time” into “treat time.” Try to create a little excitement and anticipation before giving your pet Mizner Bioscience’s Clomipramine and praise and pet your animal afterwards, so that these “treat times” are associated with a positive experience—and something your pet looks forward to.
- Store Mizner Bioscience’s Clomipramine Hydrochloride tablets in a cool, secure space, away from children and other pets.